I'm going to get you my pretty....

Ok maybe my last two anger fueled posts were a bit over the top. However I was reading about the Broadway play called "Wicked" today. Its the pre-story of the witches of wizard of oz, and ironically I was headed on the same path as The Wicked Witch of the West. Her name was Elphaba and Elphaba was a do-gooder, but everything she did backfired. The lyric from the song she sings is "no good deed goes unpunished" So she decided to never do any good deed ever again, and thats how she became The Wicked Witch of the West.

Whats even MORE ironic is when I was little I had a series of reoccurring dreams that were all of The wicked witch of the west chasing me up an electric tower with a butcher knife.. I mean as if being chased by a witch wasn't scary enough, she had to bring along that knife. I mean one of those flying monkeys alone would have even done the trick. Anyway the fact that she was only able to use one hand to climb gave me the advantage, but the fact that I mysteriously couldn't use my voice gave her the advantage. I would open my mouth and scream with all my might, and not a peep came out.. Also each dream picked up where the other left off. Apparently we were on the 8th wonder of the world; The ONLY electric tower that expands into space and beyond! Luckily I grew up before we got to space.. I think I mean I really don't know because it was always dark.. but then again I don't ever remember zero gravity so there ya go.

1 comment:

Jen said...

LOL, I have dreams like that too, except with me it's twisty hallways. Have you read the book the musical is base on? I borrowed it froma friend a while back, and it's pretty good. The story is good, the execution falls flat a few times. Find it if you can!